What are the Royal Pikakes?
The KoAloha Royal Pikakes are exactly the same as normal Pikake KoAloha ukulele models, but but they have upgraded satin Koa wood, satin Ebony Headplate, reverse Ko’Aloha 5 point crown at bottom of ebony fretboard, and upgraded KoAloha geared tuners.
Why is that important? There are 2 major reasons.
The first is that the Koa wood chosen for the Royal Pikake ukes is a nicer wood grain. Imperfections in the koa wood can be hidden or bluffed out of a high gloss uke. Since the satin pikake finish does not let you hide the imperfections the wood has to be cleaner and have a nicer look.
The second thing is that the satin finish allows the ukulele sing. It it believed that the high gloss finish, although it looks great, it can stifle the sound of the wood. The satin finish of the Royal Pikakes allow the wood to breathe and thus creates a purer and more magical tone.
Ready for your Royal Pikake?
Don’t wait KoAloha does not produce that many of them and when they are available they go fast.
- All solid Premium Hawaiian Koa Body
- Satin Finish
- 1-1/2 Inch Nut Width
- CNC shaped Mahogany Neck
- TUSQ Nut and Saddle
- KoAloha 5-pointed Crown Headstock
- Ebony Fretboard and Fretboard Binding
- Satin Ebony Headplate
- Reverse Ko’Aloha 5 Point Crown at Bottom of Fretboard
- Paua Fret Markers
- KoAloha Paua Headstock Logo
- Ebony Bridge
- KoAloha Custom Geared Tuners
- KoAloha’s “Musubi” Sound Hole
- Made in Hawaii
- TUNED G-C-E-A
UKE LIKE THE PROS ADVANTAGE:
- Free Month Premium Membership at ukelikethepros.com ($29.95 Value)
- 10 Point Inspection On Each Instrument Before Shipping.
- Free KoAloha Custom Premium Hard Shell Case ($150 Value)
- Custom Setup RECOMMENDED (See Below)
- Fully Insured US and Worldwide Shipping
- Free World Famous Candy Pack
- Free Uke Like The Pros Chord Chart
- Free Uke Like The Pros Microfiber Cloth
- Free Uke Like The Pros Sticker
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Days – Unless Custom Work Added
- KoAloha “Better Than The Weather” Lifetime Warranty
What else can we say about hese amazing KoAloha Royal Pikakes? If you want one of those, just click the this link and you’ll have the chance to see the photos of each model and find the one that fits the most according to your needs.
* CUSTOM SETUP – Each KoAloha comes with a factory setup BUT I strongly recommend adding a setup especially if you want the easiest playability, have arthritis, or are particular about your setups and want a low action (how close the strings are to the fretboard) please click the “ADD Custom Setup” on this page.
* REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY – I cannot stress how important a humidifier is and I HIGHLY encourage you to get one. No matter where you live humidifiers not only protect your investment but also help the warranty process go smoother because you have taken the steps to ensure the safety and protection of your ukulele. If you ever have to file a claim with Kanilea the first question they will ask if you have a humidifier.
* Either the Oasis OH-18 (OH-32 for extra dry areas) or the Boveda Humidifier are recommended and available here at store.ukelikethepros.com. Click “ADD Humidifier“
*A PICKUP (several brands available) – click ADD Pickup . Normal install times are 2-3 weeks. If you want your instrument sooner please use the RUSH pickup option.
Remember: You can also learn a lot of ukulele songs, techniques and much more at the #1 learning site for Ukulele Players. See you there!